It's to your advantage to help the appraiser perform the assessment by providing additional information:
- What is the purpose for the appraisal?
- Is the property listed for sale, and if so, for what price and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? And if so, with whom, when placed, for how much and what type (FHA, VA, etc.), at what interest rate or other type of financing?
- Are any personal properties or appliances included in the property?
- With an income-producing property, what is the income breakdown and expenses for the last year or two? A copy of the lease may be required.
- Provide a copy of the deed, survey, purchase agreement or additional property papers.
- Provide a copy of the current real estate tax bill, statement of special assessments or balance owed on anything, e,g., sewer, water, etc.